The biggest job was bottom paint. I took the boat from this;
My wife chipped in and we cleaned up. The boat had been sitting in an asphalt place for over a year. It had been covered so the dirt and grime were limited to the outside of the boat. The insides were clean and just needed a good wipe down with disinfectant and some carpet cleaning.
Then I blew about $500 at West Marine. I bought life jackets, flares, 1st aid kit, a chart book of NJ waters, a boat hook, Some epoxy, cleaning solution, and who knows what else. (I'm actually writing this a month later when I decided to start the blog.)
I rushed to try to get everything done because my wife and I were heading to Florida to visit my father for a week. After my return I intended to launch the boat.